Friday, July 06, 2007

amos lee 2.0

it's taken me a few days to actually discuss this, largely because we had a HORRIBLE CONCERT EXPERIENCE. my friends and I, who have attended our fair share of concerts, I think, had never encountered such rude people!

you know what's the worst that can happen at a concert? LUKEWARM FANS. they don't respect the music enough to be quiet (I was considering using a much more vulgar term here...but am abstaining. imagine away.), and more importantly, they decide to stand in the front rows! I have never previously used "redneck" to describe people...I find it rude and..you know, inappropriate, but I can think of NO OTHER WORD. they even absorbed some honger traits and began taking photos of themselves (POSING) while amos lee was performing. @#$&@$#%!

the music itself was actually awesome. unlike last time, we were distracted...but that wouldn't keep us from enjoying awesome tracks like "night train" and "seen it all before". I love him more everytime I see him live...and good news! He seems to be curing from the "I want to look like Jesus" syndrome. it's hard to find artists who are so self-aware and genuinely humble about their own music - I love the poetry, the jazz and folk influences...and gosh do I love that drummer! Freddy forever!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home