Tuesday, June 26, 2007

the weather is a good indicator

I don't know if you guys were outside on Sunday, but it was an absolute insane day weather-wise. As I travelled from my house to church, the rain was near monsoon-like, with intermittent pauses. The craziness seemed to die down late morning, as the sun was out during my drive to meet up with my china-bound friend. However, in the afternoon, the sky began to fat-pei-hei once again and the monsoon-like rain tumbled down from up high.

Then came the hail. HAIL. It's nearly July and there was HAIL coming from the sky.

The funny thing was, when the hail started perforating the body of my car, I was in a heated argument with my mother. The hail seemed to be the perfect encapsulation of our stupidity - so insane, so silly, and SO UNNECESSARY. I began to think that the weather was trying to tell me something...indicating to me my need to just quiet down and talk things out.

you know how I've mentioned my tendency to cry in public places and then get super embarassed and run to the bathroom and hide?

well...seems like I needed some more practice with that "skill". as the monsoon-like rain began to flood the streets, I cried until my eyes felt incapable of waking...inside, I was thankful for the rain because at least I didn't feel alone through it all...strange how such a randomly odd weather day can say so much.

1 Comments:

At 11:40 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

it was a really odd day, weatherwise.
your sensitivity towards the connection between you and the weather reminds me of mib 2
why? because i watch too much tv is why
hope you feel better
and let me know abt taming of the shrew
because i watched r&j last nite, and the cast is awesome

 

Post a Comment

<< Home