Saturday, February 04, 2006

Oh, the irony.

As I was reading my last post from a few weeks back, I realize that...maybe I've found some personal answers to those questions I myself posed.

"Are we too blinded by wanting to wage our mistletoe at every potential candidate?Why are we so scared of being alone?"

To my familiar stranger: Last night, I met someone who used to be important to you...and although I do not know her, I found her to be a reminder for me. A light, if you will, to show me what was wrong with my head. You are sweet, and kind, and almost wonderful even...but I know nothing of you. What I know of you is what I hope you are, what I wish you to be if you were to become less of a stranger. And so, I must let my foolishness go...even if your sweetness, kindness, and almost wonderfulness nearly makes up for every impossibility that poses itself between us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home