current affairs chaos
I kinda sorta miss Toronto...wish I could have stayed a few more days just to breathe in the city a bit more. (So scandalous for someone with a Montrealer's heart and a Vancouverite's spirit)
It's still very much a dream that I am where I am now - it's an odd feeling when something you've fantasized about for so long actually comes true. Growing up wanting to be a news reporter...participating in essay and video competitions in high school...learning about the "evils" of private broadcasting in university...and falling in love with radio in this past year...have culminated to this moment.
it's at once overwhelmingly exciting and frightening. sometimes, I think it's even scarier having your dreams come true - because then, they have the chance of becoming a reality that you can't avoid. to come face to face with your dream also means the fantasy is over...the "grass is greener on the other side" argument no longer pertains, cuz...holy cow, you are on the other side.
for those who care, I'm loving it. i'm challenged and the learning curve is steep...but I feel like I'm growing day by day. I wish I could say that I'm feeling dandy and all is well...but this opportunity is also very much testing my faith. more on that later. :)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home