Monday, February 08, 2010

olympic fever

Can you feel the magic in the air?

The sense of infinite possibility?

The imminence of warmed hearts and teary eyes?

Most people I know would definitely peg me as a Olympic pessimist, but I'm more apathetic than pessimistic. I can list the reasons why this was a mostly terrible idea that neglected to consider what Vancouver's residents wanted...but it's too late to complain about that now.

I've wondered how I would feel once the Games actually began, and I'm actually surprised at the number of things I'm excited about. The great concerts for example...I can't wait to see Wilco, Mother Mother, Jill Barber, Tokyo Police Club...all for free! And...I never thought I would actually attend any sporting events, but I'll actually be checking out some Paralympic events.
I am intrigued by all the unlikely countries that are represented here at the Winter Olympics...who knew that the Chinese had an awesome women's hockey team?

Anyhow...I'm dreading the commute...but glad for the few highlights!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home