one week ago
one week ago
I paced around my old neighbourhood's bus terminal
wondering how everything could look so glaringly the same
when I could barely remember the person I was the last time I stood there
one week ago
I wandered through my childhood streets
with a childhood (well, "teenagehood") friend
in awe of how truly residential the neighbourhood is
it made me want to ride my bike to school
and linger on swings and dive in the local pool
one week ago
I stood in front of a house I used to call home
with tulips in the front yard
and a basketball hoop in the back
it was like seeing an old friend
one week ago
I felt a real and tangible heartbreak
as I realized that this city I loved so dearly
also contained people that I still love
that I long to walk with
argue with
laugh with
and the thought of leaving them
to sever these relationships with distance
stunned me silent

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home