Sunday, April 08, 2007

easter meanderings

mighty, awesome, wonderful
is the holy cross
where the lamb laid down his life
to lift us from the fall
mighty is the power of the cross (Chris Tomlin)

Grace finds beauty in everything, grace finds goodness in everything
grace, a thought that changed the world (U2)

your blood speaks a better word
than all the empty claims I've heard upon this earth
stands in my defence,
jesus, it's your blood...(Matt Redman)

as these songs awake
on this easter morning
I'm left dumbfounded
silently in awe of Your sacrifice

i'm flustered and incoherent
how can I even fathom the greatness of your love
and your mercy?
it overflows the oceans
it ruptures all earthly boundaries
you have overcome
every weakness, every pain, every sin

all I can do
is stand amazed in the light of Your glory
and to lift up what I so selfishly and foolishly regard as my own
every choice, every achievement, every breath

how can I honour You?
how can I serve Your will?
how can I live my life as an overflow of your love?

I ask only
that Your death and resurrection
be the centre of my everyday
may each sunday, monday, tuesday, wednesday, thursday
and friday and saturday too
be filled with the thought of Your unconditional, all-encompassing grace

a grace that changed the world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home