Tuesday, January 15, 2008

new TV obsessions

I'm trying really hard to see the writers' strike as some kind of blessing in disguise. on certain days, it's hard, especially when The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, an important source of joy in my pathetic little life, is not as good as it used to be.

frankly, I want to kick the big studios in the nuts as well...I can't deny how much we are moving towards a digital age for television and they have to recognize that soon! it means - pay up!

to showcase this even more, I have been watching old shows that I've missed over the years (not on DVD, but certainly, um, in digital format). the one show that I've been meaning to check out for the longest time has been The West Wing. I'm a little embarrassed to say that my first witness of Aaron Sorkin's written work was Studio 60, which probably explains why I'm so damn impressed with The West Wing.

the great thing about the show is that I'm getting nerdier watching it - so it's not only entertaining, but slightly...slightly....educational as well. The shooting is simply impeccable - the now famous "walk and talk" technique that Sorkin and Schlamme have perfected on the show....creates a pace like no other. although the dialogue is often heavy, it works because the pace of shooting has so much movement. another treat about the show is the absolutely fabulous cast: NOW I know why allison janney won so many awards...the woman is exceptional! rob lowe also makes nice eye candy...=)

one of my "resolutions" for this blog is to make it more educational - I'll start on that another day....

1 Comments:

At 8:11 PM, Blogger Tree said...

I couldn't like Rob Lowe because of who he was in Wayne's World. Talk about opposite of educational, eh?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home