Wednesday, April 15, 2009

easter dinner recipes

1) Baked salmon
- The creamy mixture is a combination of low-fat mayo, goat cheese, and the juice of one lemon (I did half half and blended it in my food processor), then I added the zest of one lemon (all chopped up)
- I season the salmon first with salt and black pepper, then cover it with the mixture
- Then, I fried up some onions (wait until they caramelize) and put them on top of the creamy mixture (The sweetness of the onions contrast well with the tartness of the creamy mixture)
- After I bake it for a while (this filet took about 30 minutes, I think...I always aim to undercook as it will still be cooking in the heat after I take it out of the oven)
- I finish off with a garnish of green onions and cilantro...obviously, dill would be lovely too

2) Green onion pancakes
- I followed the instructions here exactly :) (except I put in more cilantro, I believe)
- Also, it'd be neat to also fold in pork fluff into the pancakes...I will be doing that next time!

2 Comments:

At 5:35 PM, Blogger hiukei said...

thanks so much!!!
i made onion pancakes before but it was such a mess...haha!!i will try it again with this recipe~
and the link...THANK YOU!!!
that's one amazing foodblog!

 
At 10:47 PM, Blogger snerk said...

disgusting! cilantro!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home